At Digital Grassroots, we are passionate about the core values of the Internet and we strive towards ensuring openness, security, privacy, Web literacy and decentralization of the internet.
We have a goal of increasing digital literacy amongst the young population (14 - 29 years) globally in order to promote their activity as stakeholders in the Internet ecosystem at the most basic levels.
- Despite being major stakeholders of the internet, youths and marginalized communities are underrepresented in major policy developments and implementation processes that affect the future of the internet.
- There is an existing lack of awareness of basic internet literacy knowledge in local grassroot communities.
HOW WE ARE RESOLVING THESE PROBLEMS
Through our Digital Grassroots ambassadors program:
- We engage our Digital Grassroots Ambassadors (young people around the world aged 14 - 29) on a 4 weeks online Internet Literacy Course and mentorship, giving them an opportunity to kickstart active involvement and careers in internet governance.
- We also guide ambassadors through a weekly community engagement process where they share their knowledge from the internet literacy course with their local communities.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a dynamic team of youth leaders from different nationalities who are passionate about addressing various Internet Governance Issues on a global scale.
The founders of Digital Grassroots are a group of Fellows from Internet Society (ISOC) 2017 Youth at IGF Program. The Internet Governance Forum is a multistakeholder meeting where stakeholders discuss policies and issues relevant to the internet. There is more information about the team here.
WE NEED YOU
You can help us in the following ways:-
- Collaboration with experts in various fields including content development, design, marketing, finance, language translation etc) to enable us expand our reach and engage an extremely diverse group of young people.
- Endorsement from key industry stakeholders will also go a long way to improve the visibility of our organisation and activities.
- Advice on new ways to improve on our methods of operation and be more impactful to our Digital Grassroots Ambassadors.
- Information on opportunities, grants, programs and conferences that can beneficial in expanding our work.
- Volunteer to help with out technical requirements, this include web development (a custom built website) and some design requirements.
For more information, or perhaps you have any question regarding our work, we encourage you to contact us through the contact form on our website here.